Whats On during the Summer Holidays at The Etches Collection
Be the first to use PalaeoGo! and Zappar! PalaeoGo! is an amazing new Iphone/Ipad app created by Bournemouth University that is being launched at the Etches Collection this summer featuring virtual dinosaurs, prehistoric reptiles and marine creatures! Zappar is a smartphone app where you can collect your very prehistoric creatures. Visit the museum and using your phone join in the fun hunting down your very own prehistoric predator!!
4 brilliant new educational displays will be unveiled at the museum over the summer – be sure not to miss them!
Saturday 4th August – Sunday 19th August: David Bailey ‘Wildlife Wanderer’ photography exhibition
Saturday 28th July, 10:30am – 1:00pm: Creative Clay Workshop – make your very own Jurassic clay creature
Saturday 11th August 10am- 4pm: Our Spectacular ‘Fossil Fun Day’
Sunday 19th August 3pm- 5pm: David Bailey Wildlife Wanderer talk & book signing
Wednesday 22nd August, 10:30- 1:00pm: Creative Clay Workshop – make your very own Jurassic clay creature
Fossil Mold painting
Fossil excavation pit
Quizes, activities and worksheets to test your Jurassic knowledge
Fossil Friday – bring your own fossils to the museum, examine them in close up with our microscope and have our resident expert Steve Etches identify them
Wild Dorset Young Photographer Competition
PaleoGo! Selfie Competition
Our hugely popular Design-o-saur Competition
Raffle with some incredible prizes to be won!
WILD DORSET COMPETITION - SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!!:-
How to Enter:-
Please send you entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
· Title the email WILD DORSET – ‘YOUR NAME’
· Age (at the time of entering the competition)
· Email address (if 15 or under this must be for a parent or guardian)
· Telephone number
· The location in Dorset where your photo was taken
· A brief sentence or two about your photograph (50 words max)
· Attach your photograph as a JPEG (no larger than 5MB)
· You can enter 2 photographs per person maximum
· You will receive an email confirmation of your entry within 72hrs if it has been successfully received.
· Please do not photoshop your images or use filters, these entries will be disqualified
· The original high resolution JPEG must be available
· 2 photographs maximum per person
· Photographs entered before Friday 30th March 2018 or after 31st August 2018 will not be included.
· The photographs must be taken in Dorset.
· If taking a picture of wildlife, the animals must be in their natural environment and showing natural behaviour.
· Winning entrants will be notified on 14th September 2018, and the picture displayed at the museum and on our website and social media credited to you.
· Any entry may be shown on our website or social media, pictures will be credited
Kimmeridge Bay Tours
DUE TO RESTART SEPTEMBER!!!!! (Due to the conditions at the bay during the summer months, we are unable to conduct tours of the bay as the shale beds become covered in seaweed, covering the fossils)
Come and spend a couple of hours in the company of the universally acclaimed fossil collector, Steve Etches.
Tickets need to be purchased in advance from the admission desk either in person or by phone 01929 270000.
*Child (5-16 years) £8.00
*All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
The following dates are currently available (weather permitting). Bay tour
tickets do not include entrance to the museum gallery.
For further information please call 01929 270 000